Tuesday 11 February 2014

Holika Holika Fairy Water Pure Aqua Toner and Emulsion Review

This was an impulse buy for me since I got attracted to the packaging. Although after receiving it I was disappointed to find out that it didn't look as nice as it did on the screen - probably because the bottles were plastic.

Description
Hypo-allegenic skincare with 6 irritant-free formula for your delicate skin. Magical fairy water makes your skin moist and revitalized.


There's a blue version for oil skin!

The first thing I noticed was the scent when I opened this - smells like lemon cleaning products. I kind of like it so it's not a problem for me. The scent is medium-strong and lasts for quite a while.

I didn't have much expectation for this apart for hydrating but I found that it does a bit more than hydrate my skin. Aside from hydrating my skin it makes my skin smooth and soft with a "boing-boing" feel :)

The textile for both the toner and emulsion is slightly different to what I'm used to. The toner is slightly more thick than the usual toner, a little bit like a syrup though not as thick as a syrup. The emulsion on the other hand is a bit more watery but not to the point it will pour out. Due to the consistency of the emulsion, its get absorbed very quickly for me - more skin absorbs it before I get to spread it out evenly, I have to be fast/ use more.


The design of the bottles are a pain for me - there's just a hole at the top (small hole for the toner & a big hole for the emulsion). Both the toner and emulsion is hard to get out.... since the toner it not quite the same as water I need to tap it a bit more, not that its a problem. The emulsion is the challenge, even with a bigger hole I can't get the product out properly without slacking the bottle a lot - sometimes too much comes out....

Repurchase?
Maybe, I like this line and its simplicity just not the design of the bottles...

No comments:

Post a Comment