Monday 16 December 2013

THEFACESHOP Pomegranate and Collagen Volume Lifting Toner, Emulsion & Essence Review


I recently figured I could do with some collagen although I don't think I'm at the age where I need it just yet. I was a bit hesitant in buying this since I had not seen any reviews on it but then it was given to me as a gift from a friend :)

Toner
"This highly moisturizing and nourishing toner helps skin to feel firm and moist - urized as pomegranate and collagen extracts get absorbed."

My first thoughts when I pumped it out "Did I use the emulsion?" - it is a bit more watery than a gel, when I first pumped it out I thought I used the emulsion by mistake. I'm used to a toner being liquid whilst this one is more thicker. The cotton pad doesn't absorb it very well which is good since more of the product goes on your face :)


Although it looked thick it does glides smoothly onto my skin like a normal toner and get absorbed quickly - it dries really quick once applied onto the skin. I don't find it very moisturizing though, my skin felt tighter and firm after applying but not moisturized. This is not very moisturizing if you have dry skin.

Emulsion
"This essence-type enriched moisturizing and nourishing emulsion helps skin to feel firm and moisturized as pomegranate and collagen extracts get absorbed"

Whilst the toner was thick, I found the emulsion the opposite. This emulsion is slightly watery compared to other emulsions I have used, this maybe because it is a essence-type emulsion?. Again, for those with dry skin like me this is not moisturizing enough on its own. My skin isn't dry but it is not particularly moisturized although it does feel smooth - you may want to use a cream on top if you have dry skin. Like the toner it gets absorbed quickly leaving my skin feeling tighten and firm - visually my skin looks softer :)

Update: Essence
Since I quite liked this series I got the essence as well.



"This moisturizing and nourishing essence helps skin to feel firm and moisturized as pomegranate and collagen extracts get absorbed."

I was a bit disappointed when I got this. This essence is rather heavy/thick for me, it was thicker than the emulsion and felt a bit more like a cream. I'm used to the essence being runnier than the emulsion so it was weird for me. Due to it being kind of thick it feel a bit oily and combined with the emulsion my faces get oily as the day passes.

I do think its moisturizing but I don't like how its kind of thick....



Overall/ For those interested and care
There is actually only 1% pomegranate extract and 10% Marine collagen water in each product. Both products are paraben free.

Its fragrance is similar to hair spray with a hint of fruit - doesn't sound appealing but it is not bad. It has a medium strength scent when you first apply it but the scent quickly fades into a light fragrance which isn't very noticeable unless you sniff really hard (at least for me :D).

Repurchase?
Yes for the emulsion assuming I don't find a better collagen line.

No comments:

Post a Comment