Sunday 10 November 2013

THE FACE SHOP Chia Seed Watery Toner, emulsion & Sebum Control Mositure Cream Review



I originally brought the toner & emulsion as a set deal in Korea which also came with a sample of the cream & a serum. I ended up buying the full size of the cream since I fell in love with it :) I've used this line for 3 months.

Toner
"A moisturizing toner that instantly hydrates the skin, tones dry and patchy dead skin cells and moisturizes the skin as if water is absorbed."
 
Not much to say about this apart from it does what the description says :). It also removes any dirt residues that survived the washing procedure.I find it quite standard since it's just a normal hydrating toner in the end.

I like the design/colour of the bottle although its quite simple. The pump makes it easy for me to apply without using too much. The bottle is made from glass which I don't like since its heavy & I'm quite clumsy - I've already dropped it a few times, luckily it has broke yet.

Emulsion
"A moisturizing lotion that improves suppleness and moisturizes the skin a degree higher with nutrients in organic chia seeds"

Compared to other emulsions I've used, this is more of a light weight lotion. It doesn't moisture my skin completely, I need to use a cream afterwards. I didn't really see any improvements on suppleness for me :( For people with dry type skin that only want to use an emulsion & nothing else I wouldn't suggest using this.

The bottle is the same as the toner but slightly shorter. Despite the extra bit of toner, my toner is still my drained that the emulsion.

Cream
"Oil-free translucent cream providing hydration with moisture seeds & sebum control with cotton seeds" 

Absolutely love this! I know that there's a moisture version but I like this one more. I always hated the oily feel I get a lot from creams. My younger sister likes to call this a aqua cream because its transparent & feels like gel than cream. I can't say much on sebum control since I have dry type skin and am never oily. BUT, for people with dry type skin, this cream is quite good in my opinion. It provides me a good amount of moisture and I stay moisturized for the whole day without having to reapply anything. As this cream is gel-like it absorbs well without a oily/greasy feel, the best part (my opinions) is that it gives my face a "boing-boing" bouncy feel - elasticity :) I can use the cream by itself without the emulsion & still feel moisturized!

Not sure if it's just me but due to the spoon/ spatula it comes with I end up scooping too much - took me a few time to adjust to the right amount.

All 3 products have the same fragrance - the scent is a medium level (not light yet not strong). I find it hard to describe its scent since I don't think its similar to a floral/sweet/fruity/perfume smell - I still really like it though :)

Repurchase?
I did for the cream after I finished the sample. The other items are standard/basic in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment